Gay marriage safe in New Hampshire for now
by Rex Wockner
Originally printed 3/10/2011 (Issue 1910 - Between The Lines News)
New Hampshire's Legislature will not vote in 2011 on either of two bills aimed at repealing the two-year-old law that made same-sex marriage legal.
Members of the House judiciary committee voted 15-0 without debate March 3 to place the bills on hold until 2012.
The committee unanimously voted down a third bill that would have converted same-sex marriages into a new kind of civil union different from the civil unions New Hampshire used to have.
An estimated 1,400 same-sex couples have married in New Hampshire.
- Williams Volkswagen
- Roseville Goodyear
- Banquet Hall/Catering
- Detroit Marriott Livonia
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Dexter Cabinet & Countertop
- Pet Training
- Fido Personal Dog training, LLC
- Plastic Surgery
- Colton Center for Men
- Social/Community Organizations
- Motor City Pride
- Substance Abuse
- Alcoholic Anonymous
- Ann Arbor Civic Theatre
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!