Arts & Entertainment
2nd man charged in beating of gay Atlanta man
Originally printed 2/23/2012 (Issue 2008 - Between The Lines News)
ATLANTA (AP) -
Atlanta police officers have arrested a second suspect in the beating of a 20-year-old gay man that was captured in a widely viewed video.
Police spokesman Carlos Campos says 19-year-old Dorian Moragne was arrested shortly before 4 p.m. Friday. Moragne was wanted in connection with the Feb. 4 attack outside a southwest Atlanta store. Accompanied by his lawyer, he turned himself in voluntarily.
Campos says Moragne will be charged with robbery and aggravated assault in the beating of Brandon White.
Campos says police continue to seek a third suspect in the beating but did not release a name.
- Hennepin: The Quiet Revolution For LGBT Equality
- Department of Education Announces Changes to FAFSA Form
- Court Considers Constitutionality of Defense of Marriage Act That Denies Benefits To Married Same-Sex Veterans And Their Spouses
- Immigration reform clears key Senate hurdle
- Calif. Moves To Comply With 2011 Gay History Law
- Another HIV Vaccine Setback as Trial is Stopped