Arts & Entertainment
Ozone House benefit features home-grown talent
Originally printed 3/1/2012 (Issue 2009 - Between The Lines News)
Local performers are set to take the stage for the Community Showcase benefit concert for Ozone House on Saturday, March 10 at St. Luke's Episcopal Church. The showcase line-up will highlight a diverse range of talent including MC Kadence and Magestik Legend, plus many more local favorites. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the suggested donation is $10.
All proceeds will benefit the Ozone House and its programs for at-risk youth. Aside from providing hot meals, laundry facilities, computers and creative programming for young people, the Ozone location has a staff of dedicated social workers who offer services free of charge to help youth with housing, employment, education and connecting with community resources.
Ypsilanti resident Terese Theophilus came up with the idea for the Community Showcase benefit concert in response to learning of funding cuts. "My first reaction was the Ozone House is providing a service that no one in Washtenaw County is providing. I believe that the Ozone House is a vital voice for young people in the community," said Theophilus.
Ozone Youth Employment Coordinator, Jesse Morgan, said he hopes the community comes out in force so that Ozone House can do even more to benefit the lives of young people.
St. Luke's Episcopal Church is located at 120 N. Huron St., Ypsilanti.
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality