Arts & Entertainment
Ozone House benefit features home-grown talent
Originally printed 3/1/2012 (Issue 2009 - Between The Lines News)
Local performers are set to take the stage for the Community Showcase benefit concert for Ozone House on Saturday, March 10 at St. Luke's Episcopal Church. The showcase line-up will highlight a diverse range of talent including MC Kadence and Magestik Legend, plus many more local favorites. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the suggested donation is $10.
All proceeds will benefit the Ozone House and its programs for at-risk youth. Aside from providing hot meals, laundry facilities, computers and creative programming for young people, the Ozone location has a staff of dedicated social workers who offer services free of charge to help youth with housing, employment, education and connecting with community resources.
Ypsilanti resident Terese Theophilus came up with the idea for the Community Showcase benefit concert in response to learning of funding cuts. "My first reaction was the Ozone House is providing a service that no one in Washtenaw County is providing. I believe that the Ozone House is a vital voice for young people in the community," said Theophilus.
Ozone Youth Employment Coordinator, Jesse Morgan, said he hopes the community comes out in force so that Ozone House can do even more to benefit the lives of young people.
St. Luke's Episcopal Church is located at 120 N. Huron St., Ypsilanti.
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Equality Michigan Starts Petition To Change Michfest Trans Exclusion Policy
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns
- Hotter Than July Film Festival In Midtown
- Diverse Support For Same-Sex Couples In Michigan's Marriage Ban Challenge