Saginaw HIV/AIDS task force observes week of prayor for the healing of aids
Originally printed 3/1/2012 (Issue 2009 - Between The Lines News)
Saginaw will mark the National Week of Prayer for the Healing of AIDS with special worship and educational programs beginning Sunday, March 4.
Several faith-based institutions in the community will join thousands of faith communities across the nation in observance of the National Week of Prayer in an effort to bring attention and awareness to the HIV/AIDS epidemic. These institutions also hope to encourage more dialog on HIV/AIDS education, treatment and care through their programming.
"Every faith-based institution in Saginaw has the power and responsibility to change the course of the HIV/AIDS epidemic," say Rev. Charles Coleman from New Faith Temple Church of God In Christ. "Our goal is educate every person about this disease and provide prayer, leadership, compassion and educational information to help families in our congregation as well as people living with HIV/AIDS."
Programs will take place at the following locations:
Time: 4 p.m. March 4
Location: 608 E. Remington, Saginaw
Details: Sponsored by Greater Williams Temple Church of God in Christ, Bishop H.J. Williams. Starring Gospel Lady Vicki Hill, M.C. Open to the public. Gospel Concert with local, national and international artists
"Next Generation of Leaders Youth Group"
Time: 4-6 p.m. March 5
Location: 310 S. Washington St., Saginaw
Details: New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, Pastor Larry Camel. Hosting prayer, devotion, information and discussion on HIV prevention. Open to youth and parents.
Evening Prayer and Discussion
Time: 7-8 p.m. March 6
Location: 915 Federal, Saginaw
Details: St. John Lutheran Church, Pastor Paulette Cummings. Evening Prayer and discussions around the church's role in reducing stigma related to HIV/AIDS. Open to all.
My Denomination's Views on HIV/AIDS
Time: 12-2 p.m. March 7
Location: Gamez Community Health Center, 501 Lapeer, Saginaw, MI 48607
Details: Saginaw Community HIV/AIDS Task Force. Supported by Gospel against AIDS. Interfaith forum and discussion is open to all.
Time: 7-8 p.m. March 8
Location: 2720 Tuscola, Saginaw
Details: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Pastor Judy Boli host prayer and worship service in commemoration of National Week of Prayer for the Healing of AIDS, open to all.
Prayer Intention Cards
Time: 7-8 p.m. March 9
Location: 6045 Mackinaw, Kochville Township, Saginaw
Details: Saginaw Community Christian Reformed Church, Pastor Nathan Gritter host a reading of Prayer Intention Cards. Open to all.
National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Time: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. March 10
Location: Dawn of A New Day Coffeehouse and Cafe, 210 S. Washington St., Saginaw
Details: Sponsored by the Saginaw County HIV/AIDS Task Force. Sharing of poetry expressions regarding HIV/AIDS.
For more information please call the staff of Hearth Home at 989-753-9011.
- Grand Rapids' The Network Sees Advocacy Facelift
- Transgender Services In The State
- Mr. LA Leather 2014 To Promote PrEP In Michigan
- Amber's Journey
- Honoring The Death Of Trans Sisters And Brothers
- Trans In Michigan? The ACLU Wants To Hear From You
- Schuette Wants State's 300 Same-Sex Marriages Voided
- Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Expansion Precarious
- Renowned Gay Writers To Visit Ann Arbor
- New MI Group Aims To Pass Fully Inclusive Civil Rights Amendment
- Facebook Community Reacts To 6th Circuit Ruling
- Pay It Forward This Holiday Season
- Federal Court Rules 2011 Law Prohibiting Domestic Partner Benefits Unconstitutional
- States In 6th Circuit Request SCOTUS Review
- AT&T National 'Will Only Support Fully Inclusive Bill' On Civil Rights
- Upcoming Community Michigan LGBT Marriage Conversations
- Obituary: Ernest B. Gutierrez 'Tito'
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- Blinds / Drapery
- Esquire Interiors
- Community Centers
- The LGBT Network of Western Michigan
- Credit Union
- Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU)
- Families and Parents
- PFLAG Jackson
- National Organizations
- Human Rights Campaign
- Pet Adoption
- Tail Waggers 1990
- Transgender Groups/Services
- Transgender Detroit
- Youth Services
- Resource Center Youth Group
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Q&A: Andy Cohen On His (Almost) Tell-All Book, 'Nasty' Names Gays Call Him
- Divine Intervention: Bette Midler Talks Early Gay Support, 'Diva' Degradation & Twerking ('Girls, Please!')
- Q&A: Melissa Etheridge On Letting Go, Moving On & The Song 'I Didn't Wanna Do'
- Pastors Challenge Civil Rights For Michigan Gays
- Republican State House Candidate Has History Of Scandal
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
Stigma: a mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality or person. Hearing the words "I'm HIV-positive" made Bryan (names and some details have been changed) freeze.View More World AIDS Day
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!