Arts & Entertainment
Gary Glenn thanks Mayor Daniels at council meeting
Originally printed 6/28/2012 (Issue 2026 - Between The Lines News)
Gary Glenn, president of the American Family Association of Michigan and a co-author of Michigan's 2004 Anti-Marriage Amendment, spoke at the June 18 Troy City Council meeting and lauded Troy Mayor Janice Daniels for her previous anti-LGBT remarks. Glenn, an anti-LGBT activist for over a decade, is running for U.S. Senate on an anti-LGBT, Tea Party platform.
"Thank Mayor Daniels for telling the truth about the personal and public health hazards medically and scientifically associated with homosexual behavior," Glenn told the council members, "and for not retreating, retracting, or apologizing."
Daniels' has been attracted national attention for anti-LGBT outbursts, and she is the target of a recall effort that recently submitted enough signatures to place her recall on the November ballot. Glenn is running in the August Republican primary against Pete Hoekstra and other lesser known candidates. The winner of that primary race will face incumbent Democratic U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow in November.
- One Capitol Region Plans To Make Lansing Area 'Discrimination Free'
- Saginaw Equality Float Takes Second Place at Cinco De Mayo Parade
- Contact Theory Changes Minds, Hearts
- Outside The Safety Net
- Book-A-Palooza To Benefit Common Language
- Ferndale Mayor Dave Coulter Announces Run
- Source: Former Michigan Congressman Mark Schauer Will Run For Governor