Arts & Entertainment
Former Affirmations Board President Caught up in Wayne County Scandal
Originally printed 7/19/2012 (Issue 2029 - Between The Lines News)
WXYZ-Detroit is reporting Tuesday that Bob Ficano's ethics watchdog, Inspector General Mary Rose McMillian, "missed the biggest scandal in Wayne County history."
McMillian is the former board president of Affirmations Community Center in Ferndale, a volunteer position she held until May of this year.
She is reported to have received $650,000 in salary from Wayne County since 2009 when she was appointed by Ficano.
- One Capitol Region Plans To Make Lansing Area 'Discrimination Free'
- Saginaw Equality Float Takes Second Place at Cinco De Mayo Parade
- Contact Theory Changes Minds, Hearts
- Outside The Safety Net
- Book-A-Palooza To Benefit Common Language
- Ferndale Mayor Dave Coulter Announces Run
- Source: Former Michigan Congressman Mark Schauer Will Run For Governor