The Ultimate LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo April 12 at the Southfield Civic Pavilion has moved to a much larger space to accommodate more vendors, couples activities, presentations and fun!
What makes this event so special – besides the chance to meet with dozens of LGBT-affirming wedding vendors and other service providers in one convenient place?
We thought you’d ask. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the Top Reasons to put this year’s Expo in your calendar:
1. Prizes, Prizes and more Prizes! Start your life of wedded bliss off right with gift certificates for florists, jewelers, bakers, and more, including a free tux rental (spiffy!) and a Miner’s Den’s gift card. We have dozens of giveaways available, and all you have to do to qualify for a chance at winning is register and have fun at our party.
2. Don’t miss the runway fashion show, starting at 1 p.m. and featuring gowns from B. Ella Bridal in Plymouth and President Tuxedo. And look who is modeling! Nope – you gotta come and see for yourself who our celebrity models will be, but you can be sure that they will be as beautiful as you’ve ever seen them look!
3. Games and Fun! An exciting game, Twisted Love, gives you and your partner a chance get close and score big – for prizes of course. And don’t miss your chance to catch unique treasures in the Prize Box – catch as many valuable prizes and coupons as you can as they twirl around in the wind dome!
4. Yes, there is such a thing as a free lunch – and we have it for you at the Expo, including complimentary wine from Barefoot Wine & Bubbly. Put your diet on hold, or get in an extra few workouts, because our caterers and bakers will be tempting you with samples. Oh – and did we mention the return of AG Chocolates’ amazing chocolate fountain for your treat-dipping pleasure?
5. Come dance your heart out with the fabulous DJs from Star Trax. They’ll be spinning throughout the show, and then around 5 p.m. they’ll let it rip with a full out dance party. Dance to celebrate the HUGE progress towards marriage equality in Michigan!
6. This party isn’t just for LGBT people . Or couples. If you’re an ally, LGBTQIAO(ETC), single and hoping, single and not caring, engaged or disengaged, you’re still welcome to join the fun. Many of our vendors offer essential services all year round – where else can you interview a prospective attorney or caterer over a glass of champagne?
7. Support the businesses that support you! When we spend money on LGBT and allied companies, those companies return the favor.
8. Can’t wait for Pride in June? The Same-Sex Wedding Expo is like Pride in April! Because, really: who wants to wait until June for a great party?