As the world continues to learn more about coronavirus and its spread, it's vital to stay up-to-date on the latest developments. However, it's also important to make sure that the information being distributed is from credible sources. To that end, Between The Lines has compiled, [...]
The American Family Association is an extremist network committed to excluding LGBT people from society. They are against all governmental or business protections for LGBT people, including protections against discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations. They oppose hate crimes legislation that includes LGBT people, adoption rights for LGBT families, and domestic partner benefits.
They believe that if LGBT people do not repent and change, America will be punished by God. The following excerpts from AFA’s position on ‘the homosexual agenda’ were taken from www.afa.net.
– “We believe that scripture declares that homosexuality is unnatural and sinful. It is a sin grievous to God and repulsive to Christians.”
– “The root of homosexuality is a sinful heart.”
– “We oppose the homosexual movement’s efforts to convince our society that their behavior is normal because we fear the judgment of God on our nation.”
– “The homosexual movement…will lead to the normalization of even more deviant behavior.”
– “The homosexual movement’s promotion of same-sex marriage undermines the God-ordained institution of marriage and family…”
– “We oppose the efforts of the homosexual movement to force its agenda on our…schools, government, business and workplaces through law, public policy and media.”
– “We oppose the effort to convince our culture that because individuals participate in homosexual behavior, they have earned the right to be protected like racial and other minority groups.”