NEW YORK –
Logo will launch five original audio and video podcasts at Apple’s iTunes store, giving Logo’s audience access to in-depth news and fresh LGBT entertainment on the go and at the click of a mouse.
“Logo aims to be a true multi-platform brand, serving gays and lesbians wherever they are, in whatever medium. Podcasts are a powerful and efficient way to provide our audience with the deepest, most specialized content and we’re pleased to present the talents and views from this diverse group,” said Brian Graden, president of Logo, in a statement.
Logo’s podcast launch is part of Logo’s efforts to provide the very best in LGBT entertainment and news wherever and whenever the LGBT audience wants it. Logo currently offers the largest library of LGBT streaming video anywhere at www.logoonline.com. Logo shows are available for download at iTunes, Amazon Unbox and AOL video, and Logo is available on mobile devices from Sprint and Amp’d.
Logo is the nation’s leading television and broadband channel for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) audience.
The five initial podcasts, which launched Jan. 16 on iTunes, are:
* Jason Bellini’s “Here and Now”: From the host of CBS News on Logo, this weekly video and audio podcast will provide a deeper layer to CBS News on Logo, presenting Bellini’s unique point of view and insight on the LGBT news of week.
* “Wisecrack”: The best in LGBT stand-up, the “Wisecrack” podcast includes original material from up-and-coming comedians as well as performances from the Logo series.
* “She Said What?”: From Logo’s www.afterellen.com, four co-hosts debate and dish on the week in lesbian entertainment and pop culture. Logo’s talk show and first original program for the online platform will be available as a video and audio podcast.
* CBS News On Logo: Host Jason Bellini and a team of correspondents present the day’s LGBT news from the world of politics, health, events, entertainment, sports and community. Available daily as audio and video podcast.
* “Talking to Manatees”: AfterEllen.com’s legendary Scribe Grrrl and girlfriend Anna discuss the latest episode of “The L Word” in this weekly audio podcast.