Arts & Entertainment
AIDS Walk Detroit kicks-off at Leon & Lulu
Originally printed 3/1/2012 (Issue 2009 - Between The Lines News)
AIDS Walk Detroit and award-winning furniture and gift store Leon & Lulu are hosting a kick-off reception March 1 to mark the beginning of this year's push to provide financial support for programs in HIV prevention, education and services.
Founded in 1991, AIDS Walk Detroit has raised $3.5 million to benefit HIV/AIDS services throughout Michigan. In support of AIDS Walk Detroit, 10 percent of all sales at Leon & Lulu and all raffle and tip money raised during the event benefit AIDS Walk Detroit. Courtesy of Whole Foods and Best Buy, two of the walk's sponsors, appetizers and a video displey of AIDS Walk information will be provided at the reception.
The reception is at 6 p.m. March 1 at Leon & Lulu, 96 W. 14 Mile Road in Clawson. A presentation at 7 p.m. will debut this year's theme and premiere the new AIDS Walk Detroit App for the iPhone. For more information, call 248-288-3600 or go to http://www.leonandlulu.com.
- On The Heels Of Fame: Israel Broussard Talks Gay 'Bling Ring' Role, Breaking Into The White House
- Manila Luzon Dishes On 'Drag Race' & Upcoming Pride Performance
- Online Auction To Benefit Andy Warhol Foundation
- Matthew Morrison Q&A On His Gay Following (Vs. Adam Levine's) & Worst Theater Experience
- Scissor Sister Ana Matronic On Upcoming Pride Performance
- The Story Of Sabin
- The Other Pride Queens
- Kacey Musgraves Q&A: The Gay Interview